College Fashion: Spring Wardrobe

With the weather finally beginning to feel like spring, students are eager to whip out their spring wardrobes. These wardrobes include many vibrant colors and various patterns. It is quite exciting to see pastels again as it reminds us the warm weather has finally arrived.

With color being the theme of the new season, it has become a regular occurrence to see students in some sort of vivid colored pants. Whether it is light blue shorts or bright orange pants, the campus is becoming a rainbow of different colors. With this beautiful weather, it seems as though students are putting more thought into their clothing choices; wardrobes are becoming more creative. These creative choices include various patterns and prints. For example, I have been noticing some students wearing patterns such as stripes and polka dots. Since wintertime wardrobes typically include simple and bland clothing choices, it is nice to see a change in seasonal apparel with stripes and polka dots.

For female students in particular, patterned sundresses are making an appearance. Sundresses are a staple clothing item for the spring and summer months, therefore, with students modeling them it is another reminder that the warm weather months have arrived. Students have typically been pairing their sundresses with sandals or ballet flat style shoes to complete the spring look. For male students, pastel colored shorts seem to be rather popular. These include colors such as light red, yellow, light blue, and light pink. Along with pastel colored shorts, many male students have been pairing their shorts with either Sperry Top-Siders or Rainbow sandals. Sperry Top-Siders and Rainbows seem to be the quintessential shoes for the spring and summer months.

With this beautiful weather outside, it seems to be putting students in better moods. When people are in better moods, they seem to have more incentive to dress nicely. So put away your depressing winter clothes and throw on a fun sundress or a pair of colored shorts and get outside to enjoy this lovely weather!