MOB Adds Opener: Group Features Dickinson Grads

The indie soul group Token Prospects, which includes four Dickinson alumni, has been added to the opening lineup for the Multi-Organizational Board (MOB) spring concert featuring the band Parachute and head-liner Andy Grammer.

WDCV contacted the group for MOB by way of band member Dwight “Sterling” Dunston ’10, whom WDCV member Stephan Sieg ’16 knows personally.

“[The members of Token Prospects] were easy to work with and were excited to have the opportunity to open for the spring concert,” said Sieg during an interview.

According to their official website, www.tokenprospects.com, the band is composed of Joshua Rohrbaugh ’10, Dunston, Robert Ricketts, Jeremy Keys ’11 and Andre Lekich ’10. With the exception of Ricketts, all members of the group attended Dickinson College. Dunston and Rohrbaugh were roommates at Dickinson and Rohrbaugh and Keys had a class together.

Rohrbaugh, according to the website, was very active in the theatre program while he attended Dickinson. He plays a wide variety of instruments including the piano, accordion and organ. He says he brings his knowledge of music and the recording and editing process to the group.

Dunston, who plays the guitar, mandolin, bass, drums, and also sings, was an English major at Dickinson. He says the knowledge of poetry that he gained through his major helps him with song writing.

The lead vocalist, Keys, plays cello and percussion. He has a degree in political science from Dickinson.

Lekich, who plays violin, drums, and guitar, also graduated from Dickinson, and is a recent addition to the group.

Ricketts, on vocals, guitar, harmonica, and percussion, attended another university, but was a high school friend of Dunston.

The four original members began playing together. Soon, they were asked to play at a wedding. Ever since they have been playing at events and recording songs.

For more information, visit http://tokenprospects.com/.