Track Places Highly at Haverford

The Red Devil men and women took the momentum they gained from the Bison open at the end of January and had several successful competitors in Haverford’s Seamus McGuilligott Invitational on Saturday, Feb. 2.

Aaron Pannell ‘14 continued his dominance of the 60m, winning the event by sprinting to a time of 6.99 seconds.  Pannell also recorded victories in the 60m at Bucknell and at the NY Armory team challenge. Pannell should be the favorite in the Centennial Conference championship meet on February 23. In men’s shot put, Casey Caslin ‘13 took second to lead the Red Devils. Caslin’s best throw traveled 13.13m. Joe Stahley ‘13 throw of 11.73m was good enough to place fourth.

Robbie Sansevere ’14 led the team in the men’s 1-mile run, coming in third place with a time of 4:25.27.  Teammates Ryan Steinbock ’14 and Omar Hyjek ‘14 also added impressive finishes of seventh and eighth overall to add to the team’s success in the event.  Andrew Fine ’13 led the Red Devils in the 5000m by finishing sixth with a time of 14:52.76, just ahead of teammates Henry Mynatt ’14 and Greg Clark ’14, who came in seventh and ninth, respectively.

On the women’s side, Vivian Butali ‘13 starred for the Red Devils. She finished third in the triple jump with a leap of 10.53m, sixth in the 60m with a time of 8.49 seconds and finished top-twenty in the long jump and the 200m.  In the high jump, Kristina Link ‘15 took home second place with a jump of 1.50m.  Stacey Adamcik ’15 added to the team’s success, sprinting to a fourth place finish in the 60m hurdles with a time of 10.76 seconds.

Olivia Schumann ‘15 placed well in the 400m and 200m sprints.  She led the team in both events, coming in fourth in the 400 with a time of 1:02:00, and sixth in the 200 with a time of 27.91 seconds.  Also in the 400m, Ramona Weber ’15 took home ninth place.  In the women’s 1-mile, Johns Hopkins took home five of the top ten spots, but Sarah Rutkowski ’15 broke through their dominance and took home ninth place with a time of 5:24.54.

On Saturday, Feb. 9, they will compete at the Susquehanna Invitational before competing at the Susquehanna Open six days later. These are the last two meets before the conference championship meet on Feb. 23.