Track Tunes Up for Champs at Susquehanna

With just one meet left on the schedule before CC Championships, the Dickinson Men’s and Women’s Track teams continued working towards their peak level of performance, recording a number of impressive times and finishes at the Susquehanna Invite on Saturday, Feb. 9.

On the women’s side, Gillian Perko ’15 gave the Red Devils a top-five finish in the shot put, placing fourth overall with a toss of 10.98 meters. Kristina Link ’15 added another pair of strong finishes in the field events, placing fifth in the triple jump at 10.17 meters. Link later took fourth place in the high jump, clearing 1.47 meters. Dickinson also impressed on the track. Kelly McIntyre ’14 finished sixth in the mile at 5:37.21, while Stacey Adamcik ’15 placed seventh in the 400 meters at 1:03.72. Dickinson’s best event, however, came in the 3000 meters. Sarah Rutkowski ’15 crossed the line first at 10:39.42, with Mackenzie Shelgren ’16 just behind her at 10:51.34. Abby Colby ’16 added a fourth place finish with a time of 11:04.81.

The best finish for the men in the field events came from Aaron Pannell ’14, who placed sixth in the triple jump at 12.01m. Pannell later took first place in the 60 meter dash, clocking a time of 6.91 in the finals. Jon Jackson ’14 narrowly missed recording another first place finish for the Red Devils, settling for second place in the 800 meters, just .49 seconds behind the winner. Like the women, the men starred in the 3000 meters, as Greg Clark ’14, Ryan Steinbock ’14 and Robbie Sansevere ’14 took the top three spots, respectively.

The Devils compete at Susquehanna once again on Friday, Feb. 15.