Fraternity Takes a Plunge for Charity

Students rush into the water for Delta Sigma Phi’s  annual Polar Bear Plunge philanthropy event.
Students rush into the water for Delta Sigma Phi’s annual Polar Bear Plunge philanthropy event.

On a cold March morning, Dickinson students plunged into Laurel Lake to benefit the Special Olympics. The fraternity Delta Sigma Phi hosted its annual Polar Bear Plunge on Saturday, March 2 at 11:00 a.m. The fraternity raised over 100 dollars table sitting before the event.

According to Bradley Seltzer ’15, Delta Sigma Phi’s philanthropy chair, over 35 students jumped into nearby Laurel Lake located at Pine Grove Furnace State Park.

“[We] had more people go in this year than any before [and] also had a lot of support from those who didn’t jump in but came to support…everyone had a great time,” said Seltzer.

Kai Brewer ’15 added, “It was a lot of fun. It was great to be out with a good group of people jumping in the water for a good cause. I would definitely do it again as it was my second time!”

Michaela Donohue ’15, who jumped into the lake, echoed Seltzer and Brewer.

“I had a really fun time and I would definitely do it again. It was a great experience that goes towards helping a good cause and I would definitely recommend it to everyone for the future,” she said.