Fashion Review: Infinity Scarves

Sarah Welch ’14 styles her outfit with a grey infinity scarf with metallic gold threading.

Ever wonder how people can have their scarves perfectly styled circularly around their necks, without it unraveling? No need to look any farther; their secret is the infinity scarf.

Infinity scarves, also known as “loop scarves,” are scarves that are connected circularly around your neck; in other words, they are “never ending.” Therefore, it keeps the scarf in place, which avoids unraveling. Infinity scarves are known not only for their convenience, but also for their stylish appearance. The fact that they are fully connected causes them to be more unique than other scarves and they tend to come in various tasteful patterns and rare knitting styles. Aside from their trendy appearance, they provide your neck and chest with a great deal of warmth on these cold winter days. Who could ask for more?

I have been noticing a vast amount of Dickinsonians sporting infinity scarves all over campus. On my way to class, I stumbled upon this student wearing an infinity scarf that instantly caught my eye. This particular scarf is dark grey, woven with a bit of metallic gold threading, causing it to stand out. The metallic makes the scarf “pop,” therefore not allowing it to go unnoticed. This student is wearing a simple outfit, which includes dark blue denim jeans and a caramel colored sweater. She paired this ensemble with a pair of Hunter rain boots, which she explained prepare her for this winter weather. By adding this dark-grey and gold infinity scarf, her outfit transforms from simple, to chic. This student is dressed sensibly for the weather, yet still fashionably.

With cold winter weather continuing to affect our clothing choices, I would highly recommend throwing on a scarf to keep your neck and chest feeling toasty in the coldest of temperatures. In particular, I would recommend an infinity scarf just based on pure practicality. However, an infinity scarf can turn your basic outfit into a trendy one, simply by looping one around your neck.