Subway Opens on High Street

Construction is in progress for the opening of a Subway sandwich restaurant in Carlisle. The new shop will be located on West High Street, right next to The Site, an off-campus Dickinson-owned special interest housing.

According to the site’s project manager, construction is expected to finish by the first week of April. The duration of the project is scheduled to be seven weeks.
In the meantime, students living in The Site are reacting positively to the opening of the fast-food sandwich shop’s nearby.

“I don’t know if it’s something we absolutely need, but the new Subway is a good thing,” said Dana Lopatin ’15. “It’ll be convenient to have another place to just grab food and go. Plus it’s relatively inexpensive.”

James George ’15 said the new Subway will provide residents of The Site with cheap and fast food within walking distance.

“I’m all for a Subway going in next to the Site,” he said.

Both Lopatin and George said the construction can get a bit noisy and loud, but not enough to be disruptive.

“It doesn’t happen at night and it is mostly just the pounding of hammers heard from our floor or their ceiling,” said George.

Another student, Melissa Turcios ’14, noted however, “It’s not big news to me because there already is a Subway nearby in town. I would have been excited if they opened a Chipotle.”

Construction of the project is projected to be finished by the middle of April, 2013.