Students Swarm Activities Night

The 2013 Fall Semester Activity Night, despite showcasing more clubs than previous years, managed to fit everyone into the HUB on Wednesday, Sept. 28.

Students swarmed the Holland Union Building Social Hall and Underground on the Wednesday night Activity Fair to explore and learn about the different clubs available to them. During the event club members showcased their clubs with colorful posters, candy, music and costumes in the hopes to recruit new members.

Elisabeth Maranca, Spanish OSA, active member of the Spanish Club and a new member of the a capella group the Syrens, was very pleased with the number of sign-ups she received at the Spanish Club table. She recommends, especially to new students, to explore Activities Night to learn about and get involved in some of the activities offered at Dickinson.

Michal Tawney ’15 agrees with Elisabeth. She said that it is great to see how all the students, especially Freshmen, participate in several activities and have fun doing so.

Isabel Harrison ’16, a member of the Syrens who worked the Syrens table, said “it was full of life!”

Another Activity Night will be held at the beginning of the Spring Semester in January, 2014.