Senate Updates

This week, the Student Senate discussed potential Homecoming Week activities. A Dickinson College Spirit Week that features a different theme every day was suggested. Students could dress according to the daily theme, with the intention of increasing activity participation. Some proposed activities include Bingo and Trivia with prizes, yard games like cornhole, and live music. Additionally, a competition between the different class years was mentioned. This competition would judge which class has the most school spirit using hashtags or other forms of social media activity. 

During Comments for the Good of the College (open floor time where senators can make motions for resolutions) the idea of having to-go boxes in the cafeteria was brought up. This would be beneficial to people who don’t want to eat in the cafeteria, or to people who want to save their food for later. It could also be a way for the school to make more money. Students could purchase sustainable, reusable to-go boxes, and bring them back to the cafeteria after using them. SNAR is the only to-go food option on campus, and it is only open during select hours. There is also not as much variety in the food offered at SNAR as opposed to the cafeteria.