310 Rosemont Comes to Dickinson With New Trends

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lisa Clair ‘21, Life & Style Editor

Two times per semester, 310 Rosemont, a cute clothing and accessory boutique, comes up from their two locations in Virginia and Tennessee and makes home right outside of the campus bookstore for a few days. During common hours and other free times of the day, many shoppers meandered by the kiosk, thumbing through the racks of clothes and examining jewelry. 

When looking through the clothes and accessories, one thing that stuck out to me was how soft and comfortable the clothes looked. The clothes seemed to have a more oversized look, which is different from the fitted trends I have been observing for the past few years. Lots of the items on display were cozy yet refined, for example, oversized fuzzy jackets lined one wall while large hoop earrings and initialized necklaces were spread out across the table. In addition to oversized clothing, oversized jewelry also appears to be a trend– earrings, necklaces, hair scarfs and watches seemed to be larger-than-life. Everything in between consisted of cute, colorful skirts, sweaters, jeans and plenty of flannels.

The only downside to the items being sold at this pop-up kiosk was the price tag; unless you are looking to indulge yourself or treat yourself after a long day, lots of the items were very expensive, basic clothing items included. Though pricey as the clothes and accessories were, the clothing looked of good quality, so any item bought will last a good while, and probably get a good wear out of it. 

Ally Brundage, manager of the Roanoke, VA location, enjoys setting up shop at Dickinson a few times per semester. She claims it helps her not only boost sales but figure out college aged trends so the store can mold to what the average college student would consider to be “in”. She can observe what Dickinson students are wearing and use those observations to buy new items for the store that seem to be in style. Among the most popular purchases at Dickinson’s 310 Rosemont pop-up are their skirts and their Superga platform sneakers. For those of you who are looking to add a bit of pizazz to your wardrobe, I recommend swinging by the basement of the HUB and having a look around next time this store comes back!