The Dickinsonian Returns to Print

The Dickinsonian will resume print production this semester after a hiatus of more than a year. When students were sent home during the initial wave of the COVID-19 pandemic in March 2020 the paper was forced to suspend print editions. The paper briefly returned to print in the Spring of 2021, but suspended the print production since campus traffic meant that publishing a print edition was financially and environmentally irresponsible. 

This semester, The Dickinsonian anticipates publishing a print edition six times, on a biweekly basis. Print editions will be distributed on Thursdays. Before the pandemic, the paper was published in print on a weekly basis, but current budget constraints prevent the paper from publishing at the same frequency, though the website will continue to be updated on a weekly basis. Copies will be available for free in public locations across campus. 

The Dickinsonian has been a student publication since it was first established in 1872, 150 years ago. It has been published as a serial since, in various formats and frequencies. The paper launched the website in 2013, and since then has maintained a digital and print presence serving the Dickinson student body and community.