International Students Receive Large Scholarships Across the Globe

Dickinson College prides itself on being a globally connected place of higher education, commended for its rich study abroad experience. However, this extends further beyond just what it can offer domestic students. In the past few years, the college’s international student population has grown from 10% to 14% – over three times the national average of international students per college, which is 4.6%.

International students have access to the same merit-based scholarships opportunities as  domestic students. Need-based financial aid is also offered when necessary. Since international students do not have access to federal need-based aid, this aid can allow promising students to access a Dickinson education.

Several notable scholarship programs exist exclusively for international students of specific nationalities. The Sam Rose ’58 International Scholarship, inaugurated this year, provides financial support for Ukrainian students. This scholarship provides full tuition for five students along with support for food, travel, health insurance, and other basic needs. They will also be able to receive aid during the winter and summer breaks as well.

This scholarship opportunity was created in the wake of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine to provide these students with opportunities that they may not otherwise have.

The other major scholarship offered for international students is the Next Genius Scholarship, which provides strong students in Southeast Asia and India  with opportunities to attend American colleges and universities. They hope to establish a new generation of future leaders that can help to positively affect the world.

Working with the Next Genius Foundation helps expand Dickinson’s outreach and connects the college with talented students from across the globe. It also increases diversity on campus and gives students the ability to interact with an entirely new culture and society.

The college continually researches and explores external programs that assist in the recruitment and enrollment of international students, as creating a diverse body of students is highly important to the admissions staff.